My friend Pinky of Pink Polka Dot Food occasionally posts a food quiz, and I try to answer 100%
- What does pomegranate mean? Does it have meaning? I eat them, but meaning? I didn’t know they had philosophy.
- Where is Torta Pasqualina traditionally served on Easter Friday? Italy
- Where is Mazurek cake traditionally served over Easter? Eastern Europe
- What are the main ingredients of mayiritsa, a Greek Easter soup? Bunny?
- What is the main ingredient of a Pilaf? Rice
- What are quenellas? The plural of quenelle
- What is traditionally served on top of “steak tartare”? Raw egg
- What is the difference between a bouchée and a vol-au-vent? I have eaten a Vol-au-vent
- When is Babka traditionally served? Easter?
- What is “kokkina avga”?It sounds angry, I think I will stay away
16 thoughts on “Pinky’s food quiz – number 80”
Kokkina means red,avga.. Eggs…. red is the passionate colour of anger… hahaha..
See, i was close (well on the same planet, in the same millenium)
‘I have eaten a vol-au-vent’ – great answer! And I agree with you regarding the kokkina avga, Sideview.
Thanks Tom. I have to answer as I know or see it
I am staying away from mayiritsa, if the main ingredient is bunny… 😉
It was a guess, probably a poor one
Greek Bunny Soup. Do you think the waiters would be piqued if I requested it the next time I was in Athens, Sidey?
I have no idea Kate. Besides I now believe my rather wild guess was wrong.
Your answers are sooo convincing. I wouldn’t dare argue with you. 🙂
i’m also too scared to argue with me
LOL, Sidey, sharp as always!!
not as knowledgeable as yours ;-(