The 7 wonders of my world. It sounded like a relatively easy challenge for someone who is always wondering (I apparently know very little). It proved to me that it is NOT the subject matter of the weekly themes that is the problem. That lies within me.
So here are my 7 wonders
1) I wonder about LIFE, just life. How it begins, how persistent it is. The enormity of the event from such small beginnings to the birth of a child, an animal, a plant. How the tiny components know how to grow and divide, and to do the right things to become like the originators of that life.
2) The size of stuff, and how the very big and very small fit together. The things you can see under a powerful microscope, and the immensity that can be seen through a space telescope. I wonder – upscale or downscale – are there limits?
3) I wonder how humans can look at other humans they do not know, and on the basis of external characteristics decide to hate them.
4) I wonder why when extremists (of any claimed religion) start spouting off; they always aim at controlling women.
5) I wonder why when I try to put certain colours together I get the shudders, yet when plants flowering with the same colour mix are seen, they generally make me smile.
6) I look at people whose sole ambition is power and money, and wonder why they don’t seem to have room rather for love and happiness.
7) When I ask people these things sometimes they look blank, and then I wonder why.