My friend Pinky has again challenged me in the food arena, posting another of her quizzes. I always answer 100%, and she is always 100% polite about my answers. We go together like warm croissants and honey.
- What is a rendang? It sounds rather like a hillbilly term, so is it a fancy name for road kill, spiced and grilled?
- What does “to butterfly” means? Make something look like a butterfly, spread it out and paint with highly coloured food dyes till it looks good enough to fly away?
- What is meadowsweet and what is it used for? A plant that makes wet meadows smell nicer than cowpats. It is an aid against arthritis.
- What does Mulligatawny means? According to Sous Chef it means double your money.
- What does the term “coats a spoon” means? For truly neurotic people, making little clothes for your cutlery.
- What is “Ouefs en Meurette”? Eggs in the style of Meurette, whoever she was/is?
- What are the main ingredients of paneer? It’s a soft white cheese from India; so maybe milk is the main ingredient
- What is the name of Nepal’s most favourite dish? Yummy (however they say that in Nepalese)
- What is the main ingredient of Chaas? Can’t fool me. Chaas is a milky drink, someone was talking about it las night.
- What do gazpacho, bouillabaisse and bisque have in common? I like soups like them 😉